Mid-Size Satellite Fixture Standard Options:
Index Plate (IND30):
An index plate will be mounted to the gearbox input shaft to lock out accidental rotation of payload.
- (C10) – Ø10” X 3.25” wide phenolic wheel casters with steering bar receptacles, brakes and swivel locks. The kit comes with (quantity 4) steering bars and steering bar stowage features mounted to the base frame.
- (C12) – Ø12” phenolic casters with steering bar receptacles, brakes and swivel locks. The kit comes with (quantity 4) steering bars and steering bar stowage features mounted to the base frame.
- (J0) Mounting plates only for jacks are provided.
- (J1) (Quantity 4) jacks are provided with removable hand cranks to prevent accidental rotation. The jacks have six inches of stroke and can be used to level the Flotron fixture on uneven terrain and increase stability.
Optional Lubricants (L1):
Braycote 601EF ‐ The caster swivel bearings are lubricated with Braycote 601EF.
Tow Bar (T1):
A removable tow bar is included which can be pinned (stowed) in the upright position when not in use. The tow bar uses a standard Ø2.75 ID X 1.25” thick lunette ring to interface the tow vehicle.
Secondary Axis of Rotation Structure (SA):
Adding the secondary axis of rotation option gives the operator the ability to both tilt and rotate the cantilevered payload.
Standard Proof Load Test (PLT):
Proof Load Test Procedure:
Dynamic Load, visual inspection
- Dynamic proof load test (360° rotation of primary axis & secondary axis if applicable).
- 200% moment load on payload interface, 100% torque.
- Hold load for 5 minutes every 90° (minimum).
- Customer may witness test.
- Paint and plating covers all welds.
- Visual inspection only for cracks, deformation, etc.
A deliverable proof load test report will be provided. The report will include a summary of the test procedure, actual measured weight of load applied, inspection results, and images of the test being performed.
If a standard Holding Fixture does not meet your requirements, contact FLOTRON about custom modifications. Often minor modifications to a standard unit are all you will need and can be done cost efficiently.See here for past examples of our Modified Standards and Custom Solutions.
For Mid-Size Satellite Fixture – Creating a Model Number, click here.*