500 Series Standard Options:
Optional Main Beam Lengths (B-XXX):
Main Beams may be ordered in any length from 26" to 104" between Trunnion Interface Mounts. Above 104" requires special beams. Below 26" can be dangerous due to tip over. "XXX" = length in inches between Trunnion Interface Mounts. (1" increments)
While the two End Frames can be adjusted toward each other to accommodate smaller length parts, excessively long beams with a small part will leave the Main Beams extending from each End Frame enough to be inconvenient. It therefore is desirable to order this Main Beam close to the size of the actual part-to-be-handled.
Optional Telescopic Main Beams (TB):
Telescopic Main Beams adjust from 66" to 104" between Trunnion Interface Mounts. They will do this without extending beyond the End frames. They can be adjusted down to 26" between Interface mounts by letting them extend beyond the End frames.
Optional Trunnion Interface/Mount/Clamp:
1. Angle Interface (SA10) - The Angle Interface offers the most adaptability for customers. Either of the 2" perpendicular surfaces of the angle may be bolted or clamped to. The standard length is 10 inches with no bolt holes. The standard finish is clear zinc plate.
2. Mounting Plate Interface (1018) - The part-to-be-handled can be easily bolted to this flange type interface. The standard size is 2" by 12.5" with a slotted-hole bolt pattern centered on the plate. The four holes will accept up to ¼" diameter bolts. The standard finish is clear zinc plate.
3. Board Clamp Interface (1023) - The Board Clamp Interface is a 10" long 2" x 2" angle with two screw clamps. It is very convenient for harness boards and similar shaped loads.
Optional Index Plate (IND15):
Indexed @ 15° increments to prevent trunnion rotation with a lock pin. An Index plate can be supplied with either of the mounting interfaces, shown below or the SA10 angle interface.
- Standard Series 4 swivel caster (blank) - available only on the HD510 & HD525
- Optional Series 4 heavy duty Impak swivel caster (C1) - available only on the HD510 and HD525
- Standard Series 4 Caster with conductive wheel and Tech-Lock brake (C2). Optional on the HD510 and HD525 (not shown).
- Standard Series 2 swivel caster (C5SPX) - available only on the HD510-HYD
- Optional Series 2 caster with Total Lock brake (C5TL) - available only on the HD510-HYD
- Optional Series 2 caster with conductive wheel (C5EX) - Available only on the HD510-HYD
The larger 715 size gearbox, which is standard on the HD510 & HD525, is also available on the HD510-HYD in place of the smaller 713 size gearbox.
Optional Fixture Finishes for use in Clean Room (C):
The fixture is supplied with most surfaces electroless nickel plated, the gearbox case is painted with white epoxy and miscellaneous hardware is made of stainless steel.
Optional Ground Lug and Drag Chain (E):
For use in electrostatically protected areas (EPA's). Proper electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding of the fixture must be part of the overall EPA design. (See Technical section
discussion on ESD.
Gearbox Mounted Push Bar (P1):
The push bar is mounted underneath the gearbox and improves ergonomics of intra-facility transport of the Flotron. The combination of having swivel locks engaged on the rear casters and a handle for leverage can make a huge difference to ease transportation. The gearbox mounted push bar can be retrofitted on existing Flotron Rotation Fixtures.
Krytox GPL 207 (L1) - The trunnions and caster swivel bearings are lubricated with Krytox GPL 207. Note that this lubricant comes standard on “C” (Clean Room) finish and does not need to be specified.
Braycote 601EF (L2) - The trunnions and caster swivel bearings are lubricated with Braycote 601EF.
Standard Proof Load Test (PLT):
Proof Load Test Procedure:
Dead weight load (no rotation), visual inspection.
A deliverable proof load test report will be provided. The report will include a summary of the test procedure, actual measured weight of load applied, visual inspection results, and images of the test being performed.
- Static proof load test.
- Vertical load only.
- 150% vertical load, 100% torque.
- Hold load for 5 minutes minimum.
- Customer may witness test.
- Paint and plating covers all welds.
- Visually inspect for cracks, deformation, etc.
If a standard holding fixture does not meet your requirements, contact FLOTRON about custom modifications. Often, minor modifications to a standard unit are all you will need and can be done cost effectively.
For 500 Series - Creating a Model Number, click here