1170 Data Sheet
The Model 1170-J2-M-IND15-P26/A40-B080 shown below is typical and representative of the 1170 Models. To specify the correct model number for a specific holding fixture, see the 1100 SERIES OPTIONS pages and 1100 CREATING A MODEL NUMBER pdf.
The maximum distance between mounting interfaces is directly related to the main beam length. Specify the distance between mounting interfaces to be at or slightly larger than the length of the part-to-be-handled. The fixture can be adjusted to accommodate smaller length parts, however, the main beam(s) extending from each end frame may be inconvenient. For more information see the 1100 SERIES OPTIONS
pages and 1100 CREATING A MODEL NUMBER
A smaller than standard swing radius may be recommended for some applications. See the “Technical Section” under “Holding Fixture Safety” on page 3 of 7 concerning “Unexpected Accident Loads” and the chart on page 4 of 7 referring to “Maximum Recommended Swing Radius”
- Safety Factor: 3
- Rated Load Capacity:
- Dynamic, 0″ to 7.5″ eccentricity: 11,000 lbs. (4,990 kg.)
- Dynamic, 15″ eccentricity: 5,650 lbs. (2,563 kg.)
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +104 °F (0 to +40 °C). Contact factory for special applications with extended operating temperatures.
- Combination Mounting Plate / Angle Interface
- Choice of Main Beam Length
- Main Beam Ball Lock Pins: Reliably prevents End Frames from slipping on Main Beams
- Gearbox: Low backlash, non-backdriving stairstep resistant design with 1975:1 ratio
- Motorized Rotate Drive: The motorized, reversible rotate drive utilizes an inverter duty motor controlled by a programmable variable frequency inverter. Motor speed is reduced to output rotate speed through a multiple reduction, low backlash gearbox system which is designed to eliminate back driving and stair stepping. The maximum output speed is about 0.8 RPM and is controllable down to a minimum speed of about 10% of maximum speed. The motor and controls are designed for continuous operation in an open loop, four quadrant vector control mode. The controls, including circuit breaker, control transformer, braking resister, relays, etc., are enclosed in a NEMA 12 enclosure and the system is UL approved. A back up safety brake is included on the motor to prevent creep during motor off periods. A removable hand crank with safety electrical interlocks is provided for rotating the load in the case of an electrical malfunction.
- Self Aligning Couplings: These zero backlash couplings allow about ½ degree misalignment between load and fixture.
- Gearbox Hub: The zero backlash gearbox hub attaches the gearbox shaft to the index plate and mounting interface. The hub is designed to withstand both torque and overhung loads.
- Casters: 10″ diameter x 4″ wide wheel with polyurethane tread, kingpinless swivel bearing, brake and swivel lock
- Index Plate: Standard with 15° index plate and index stops
- Materials: Steel construction
- Finish: Flotron Blue powder coat with selected parts zinc plated.
- A smaller than standard swing radius may be recommended for some applications. See the “Technical Section” under “Holding Fixture Safety” on page 3 of 7 concerning “Unexpected Accident Loads” and the chart on page 4 of 7 referring to “Maximum Recommended Swing Radius“.
- Optional Motorized Rotate drive with 1975:1 ratio gearbox and variable frequency motor control
- Optional Ground Lug and Drag Chain for use in electrostatically protected areas (EPA’s)
- Optional Main Beam lengths
- Optional Leveling Jacks
- For more about 1100 Series Options click here
All data presented is based on no modifications to the product.
As Flotron is constantly improving products and methods of manufacturing, we reserve the right to modify and/or change design or specifications without notice. Please contact Flotron for verification of critical dimensions and specifications.
For 1100 Series – Creating a Model Number pdf click here.
For clarification of terms or phrases, please see the Holding Fixtures Definitions page.